Bark 2000 Professional Mix
Bark 2000 was developed for use with long-term crops, hanging baskets, stock plants, and other potted crops that require excellent drainage, while maintaining sufficient moisture reserves. Bark 2000's physical properties allow for frequent irrigation and faster dry down for moisture sensitive crops.
Mix characteristics include
- Highly buffered sphagnum peat, plus perlite, processed pine bark, support elements and a wetting agent
- Dolomitic lime added for pH adjustment (Available in 2 cu. ft. loose-filled bags and 60 cu.ft. bulk bags)
- Potted plants
- Stock plants
- Bedding plants
- Hanging baskets
- Ground and raised beds
- Filling planters and window boxes
- Repotting plants
- Foliage crops
- Moisture sensitive crops
Mix composition includes:
- Aged screened pine bark
- Highly buffered sphagnum peat
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Wetting agent
- Balanced nutrient package with trace elements
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering are features of this blend. Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container with the high nutrient exchange capabilities of our unique peat. Weekly constant liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to good nutrient buffering, this blend will require less feeding than many competing blends. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended in any medium and should be done weekly to insure proper nutrition.
- Freedom from Insects and Disease are important properties in growing mixes. BACCTO Bark 2000 blend is essentially free of insects and disease. Using the latest in technology and a wealth of experience, all precautions are taken to produce a clean blend and to keep it clean.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening, especially if the medium gets excessively dry. The bark also helps make this mix easily wettable.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water
table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO Bark 2000. This formulation is very desirable for use in most
crops that will be in containers for more than 10 weeks.
- Water Holding is good in this blend. Sphagnum peat in combination with the added aggregates produces a blend that is
neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. Coarse additives help provide good drainage.
- Low Cost.Due to the location of our facilities and the ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume, we can supply the best possible planting blend at this low cost. Quality has not been sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per
container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material
easy to handle. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of a long term crop.