Professional Fortified Sphagnum
This pre-moistened blend is carefully formulated to be used as a base for in-house blending of mixes or as an additive to help increase moisture retention and increase pH stability.
Blend characteristics include:
- pH-stable horticultural sphagnum peat
- Lime addition for high-capacity buffering
- A balanced blend of major and minor elements and a wetting agent
- High moisture reserve
- Adds “shelf life” to crops after leaving the greenhouse (Available in 60 cu. ft. bulk bags)
- added to light weight mixes for greater pH stability and increased moisture reserve
- used as peat base for ‘make your own’ growing mixes
- Pre-moistened horticultural sphagnum peat
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering are optimized in this blend. Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container with the high nutrient exchange capabilities. Constant liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to the excellent nutrient buffering, this blend will require less feeding than most. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended in any medium.
- Pre-Moistened Horticultural Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening, in case it gets excessively dry.
- Water Holding is optimal in this blend. Select quality sphagnum peat is neither too wet nor too dry after athorough watering. Wetting agents help to provide ease of watering.
- Low Cost.Due to the location of our facilities and the ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume, we can supply the high quality planting blend at a cost-effective price. Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material easy to handle and desirable to plant into. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of the crop.
- Low Run-Off of fertilizers and pesticides is a feature of this mix. It has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.) that holds the nutrients in the root-zone for plant use. Less fertilizer could be needed by the crops, which would also reduce run-off.