High Density Professional Mix
Sandy loam soil is added to this pre-moistened horticultural sphagnum peat and perlite mixture to provide an air/water balance that assists in maintaining crop consistency and plant viability.
Mix characteristics include:
- A blend of major and minor elements
- Wetting agents to provide uniform water absorption and distribution
- Added stability in pots and better height control of vegetable crops (Available in 40 qt. loose-filled bags, 52 cu. ft. bulk bags and prefilled flats)
- For anchorage and stability where a heavier base is needed
- Foliage crops
- Bedding crops
- Terrariums and interior plantscapes
- Long-term crops
- Outdoor growing
- Pre-moistened sphagnum peat moss
- Coarse perlite
- Sandy loam soil
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced blend of major and minor elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient Buffering is high in this blend. Nutrients are less likely to leach out of the bottom of the pot with the high
nutrient exchange capabilities of this mixture. Weekly liquid feeding is desirable in this blend, but avoid the build-up of soluble salts due to leaching.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and transplanting. Blending with the sandy loam increases the wettability of the mix.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in this mix. The built-in air porosity allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water table and waterlogged roots. This formulation is designed for use with most crops. If you’re familiar with the soil/peat mixtures, this is the mix for you.
- Water Holding is optimal in this blend. This mixture is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. Wetting
agents help to provide ease in watering. Sub-irrigation works well with this medium.
- Heavier Weight is an advantage in stabilizing top-heavy plants. This medium provides long-term stability for pots and
containers, as well as in bedding plant flats.
- Low Cost. Due to the location of our facilities and the ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume, we can supply the high quality planting blend at this low cost. Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per container and couple that with the degree of performance.