Professional Planting Mix
Our most popular blend, this pre-moistened planting mix is formulated to enhance the growth of bedding and potted crops in flats, pots, and hanging baskets.
Mix characteristics include:
- pH-stable horticutural sphagnum peat and perlite
- Lime addition for high-capacity buffering
- A balanced blend of major and minor elements and wetting agent
- Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve
- “Grower friendly” composition that's easy to handle
- Outstanding “shelf life” after leaving the greenhouse
(Available in 2 cu. ft. loose-filled bags, 60 cu. ft. bulk bags and prefilled flats)
- Bedding plants
- Potted plants
- Foliage crops
- Hanging baskets
- Nursery crops
- Seedling starting
- Filling planters and window boxes
- Repotting plants
- Ground and raised beds
- Rooting cuttings
- Pre-moistened sphagnum peat
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced blend of major and minor elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering are optimized in this blend. Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container with the high nutrient exchange capabilities. Constant liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to the excellent nutrient buffering, this blend will require less feeding than most. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended in any medium.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening, in case it gets excessively dry.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water
table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO Professional Planting Mix. This formulation can be successfully
used with most crops.
- Water Holding is optimal in this blend. Select quality sphagnum peat is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough
watering. Wetting agents help to provide ease of watering.
- Low Cost.Due to the location of our facilities and the ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume, we can supply the high quality planting blend at a cost-effective price. Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Light Weight is an advantage of peat-lite blends when shipping the finished crop. It allows for easy handling of the
pots and containers in the greenhouse.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material
easy to handle and desirable to plant into. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of
- Low Run-Off of fertilizers and pesticides is a feature of this mix. It has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.) that holds the nutrients in the root-zone for plant use. Less fertilizer could be needed by the crops, which would also reduce run-off.